I'll ask again... Is it admin abuse if map just voted on is changed without anyone complaining?

Discussion in 'Trash / Spam' started by Zaks, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaks

Zaks WristHaX Addict

Mikey just did it... changed de_rats because of the typical great reason "de_rats sucks". 19 mins left on map. Pretty ridiculous that players come in and have to RTV or wait, but admins just vote for whatever they want.

This is a big reason I'm reluctant to join whx admin team. It's immature and turns away good players. I'll stop complaining now, just want to make a few of the good guys here aware what's going on. Best of luck guys.

Mikel likes this.
  2. siaynoq

siaynoq New guy

• WHX | Gamer
    Isn't this a perk of being an admin? What IS going on Zaks? I play rats considerably, and your statement has no merit as to what i view on the server. I can't remember a time when an admin just out of the blue changed the map.

Dr Evil and Mikel like this.
  3. Keisari

Keisari The drunken finnish

• WHX | Gamer
    Not the right section for this. Take these unnecessary complaints straight to staff via PM instead of creating drama over the forums.

Mikel, -=Kill4Free=-|TEO| and Anesu like this.
  4. Anesu

Anesu #Hmmm

• WHX | Server Admin
    Wait, I love changing maps everytime :( feel so good change the map when all of u are enjoying it lmao

Mikel and -=Kill4Free=-|TEO| like this.
  5. Wallhack?

Wallhack? ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦

• WHX | Server Manager
    Regardless if this is an attempt to great drama, I see the point of this complaint.
    Admins don't own the server and they shouldn't change the map whenever they think it's "appropriate" to.
    Best practice is amx_vote "do you want to change the map" <yes> <no>

~EXTREME ~.~ likes this.
  6. FaRiS

FaRiS Rats Bully

• WHX | Gamer
    Imo de_rats is a map made for T but do you think the admins changes the map bcouz it sux ?sometimes ct even can't rush and it becomes worse when the server is full ,I know there are "rtv" command but most of players doesn't know it does exist .
    So to avoid all this ,if admin wanted to change the map use amx_vote as wallhack stated above

DAMN likes this.
  7. whiteOut`

whiteOut` The Artisté

• WHX | Server Admin
    There's no need to ask again when johnny already told you that yes, it is admin abuse in the previous thread you created.
    Besides, if you think that the current admin team is immature or not doing their job well enough, shouldn't you step up and make a positive contribution as an admin yourself instead of just complaining. I am not saying your complaints are irrelevant or unnecessary. I am just saying there's a good way out, and I see no reason for you not to try taking it.

8. Zaks

Zaks WristHaX Addict

First off forgive me for creating the misunderstanding... Map wasn't changed out of the blue, rather a vote was created each time.

It isn't the perk of being an admin from my experience, thus the question. Apparently it is so I'll leave it alone going forward. If it's fine to create the vote, why have a voting system in place that is ruined (current map can't be voted on for 3-4 rotations at least) by an admin vote? Makes no sense, but as I said if it is so, so be it.

I'm way too old to "create drama on forums" and I don't care enough to PM anyone. I've told this via steam to a couple admins that do a great job. I'm here because it's the only rats server that works great and has people playing. Would like to see it keep on going that's all.

As I said above, sorry for the misunderstanding. It was voted to change map, which makes my complaint pointless since that seems to be fine.

If it sucks take it out of rotation. I disagree with the Taided statement but that's just me.

Good point and I appreciate the input. However I can't change any of this by being an admin nor do I want to if it's actually fine to amx_vote for ANY reason except if many players are complaining.

Long story short, I have no ill intent here at all. I love playing de_rats and it gets changed a lot with amx_vote even when server is as full or more full than previous map. It's not the way I think it should be nor is it how a few admins told me it should be done, but it is what it is. Please delete this thread as it's obviously pointless :).

9. Johnny

Johnny WristHaX Administrator & Staff Staff Member

• WHX | Staff
    • Administrator
    DAMN, -=Kill4Free=-|TEO| and Dr Evil like this.
  10. Serbi@n

Serbi@n Ред Стар Staff Member

• WHX | Leader
    Don't close we need him lel
    Trashed

-=Kill4Free=-|TEO| and Dr Evil like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.