Approved Suggestion(s) for Rats 24/7

Discussion in 'Bug Reports,Suggestions,Complaints' started by sukyn00b, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukyn00b

sukyn00b WristHaX Addict

• WHX | Server Admin
    Member Name sukyn00b

Is this for the servers or forums?: Rats 24/7

Your Suggestion: Reduce spawn protect or remove protection when someone starts shooting. I've seen some servers where spawn protect is removed once someone starts shooting...or reduce the timer? or reduce the time of when people are able to join a round?

How will we benefit from this?: I am not fast, but there are times when I am rushing and in the spawn of the other side, and I can hear people spawning/joining the server well into the round start...

I understand the need for protection due to how fast people can get into spawns....however, anyone with that skill is at a detriment since the new spawning players can shoot and kill while still in protection.

This will allow players to buy and run to cover while under protect, but if they start engaging in combat, they will lose their spawn protect.

This will stop the penalizing of people who are able to get into spawns quickly...combined with the late spawning of people joining the server.

CatchUP, Bass, Wallace.~J and 3 others like this.
  2. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep King of New York

• WHX | Server Manager
    Hello @sukyn00b ,

The spawn protection is in place for that sole reason. I don't see why it cannot be tweaked however. @unknown do you know of a plugin for this spawn protection..? If we cannot find a plugin to remove spawn protection after the person shoots, we can limit spawn protection time and also limit the connect time when a round starts.

3. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep King of New York

• WHX | Server Manager
    Spawn protection has been changed to 2 seconds. I have also adjusted the buytime in correlation to when people can actually join the server after the round has started to 15 seconds, down from 50. Lets see if both these changes make a difference on the gameplay.

I was not able to find the plugin you described, if you do happen to find it, please PM me directly and I can work on getting it added to the server.

T/C

sukyn00b and CatchUP like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.